Monday, October 21, 2013

Photographs Not Taken


Your reading this week comes from the book Photographs Not Taken, a collection of photographers' essays edited by Will Steacy. The essays are about "moments that never became a picture." They run the gamut from the humorous to the tragic. More often then not, I think photographers prefer to explain themselves through their photos and not their words, but I found reading this book to be at times incredibly moving and I came away from it with a new perspective on what it means to take a photograph.

Originally, I had planned to post some audio excerpts from four of the photographers reading their essays, but the hosting site won't allow me to post them directly on the blog, so if you would like to hear them, they can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment