Saturday, April 16, 2016

Whole Project

“I love putting things together that you wouldn't consider together normally. Different shades of Denim paired together is an example of that.” 

“My inspiration is Kanye West. His aesthetic to me is really simple but looks so cool at the same time. He can make any simple or crazy look stand out in his own way. I really look up to his style and detail for his clothes and shoes.”

“Fashion to me is basically another extension of yourself where you could be free and express your mood, cultural values, personality, and religious views all on just a set of fabrics.”

"I feel like I'm different from everyone else because I don't follow the trends. I wear what I want and most kids at school wear the same shit. Also I make music because I can express what I love through lyrics."

“The way I dress has always been an extension of my personality. I try to find new ways to incorporate different elements of my personality in everything I wear. I draw inspiration from Japanese street fashion and vintage school uniforms. On an average day you can probably catch me wearing black platform school outfit, knee socks, a basic top, a patterned skirt and my army jacket.”

“My style is minimal. It shows your identity more. I don't like wearing the brand across my chest. It's how your wearing it and being the true you. Nobody can be better than you if you put your mind to it. I do me by being simple."

“I think my style is different because I can always switch up my look. I take what I see on the internet or looks from people walking in the city and turn it into my own thing. I wear the things I wear because they make me feel like me. I'm comfortable in what I wear. Every time I go out, I get complimented on the way I'm wearing something that stands out or I'm wearing it differently than a lot of people would. I'd hate to look like everyone else lol.”

“I don’t have a specific style because what I wear is me, I hate conforming to a specific style because I am always open to stepping out of my comfort zone and switching up my look.”

“The creative individual who has no barriers and isn’t afraid to put himself out there. He is positive, crafty, and unique in ways that no other can contribute. Fashion to him is like music, you have to learn the language before you can speak it.”

“My style is really incorporated with my barbershop. I like the old and vintage look. I would usually wear a pair of old levis, leather boots, a nice shirt, and a extended keychain on the side of my pants. I think the classic look brings out the character in yourself and people really understand who and what your about. That gives me the freedom to cut people’s hair into an 40 or 60’s pompadour style. I hope to leave a great legacy in Montclair.”

“My style is unique because i am myself and I wear whatever makes me happy! I don’t care what people think because at the end of the day my opinion is the only thing that really matters."

“Style has a lot to do with my mood athletics and characters as a person. I like dressing up because it focuses my mind off a lot of things that are stressful as in being on the women’s national team for soccer and playing for the Chicago red stars.”

“My style comes from a lot of vintage Chanel, Gucci, Balenciaga, Maison Martin Margiela, and more. I like to be classy and have that luxury taste. I spend a lot of time looking through Allure, Instyle, and Glamour. A lot of my girlfriends and I love the luxury lifestyle and will continue it until there is no more.”
Halle

"Honestly I don't think anyone (in Montclair and all around) style is different nowadays , I just feel as though there are people that dress well and others that do not . There is a lack of variety in this day and age , even the people who dress well look the same, but for myself I think people like the way I dress because compared to others I like to stand out from everyone with statement pieces. My "trend" is different and live from others around me probably because I like to stand out like I said . I wear things that people question which is the key to fashion in my eyes. A big part of my style would also be my confidence because it plays a big role in how I rock my outfits. But If I were to describe my style I would simply call it "simple , urban & ethnic" . "

"Fashion is the art of personal-expression, no limits, no boundaries, allowing me to expose my self-image and passion to the world around me with no burden of conformity. "

"What makes my style unique in Montclair is that it can change on a day to day basis. It can go from edgy one day, to slouchy the next I guess. I think the clothes that people choose to wear everyday comes from different emotions that they feel every morning whether they are oblivious to that fact or not. My emotions are constantly changing therefore, so is my style and what I choose to wear. I do not have a specific style type at the moment. I am still changing as a person and discovering who I am which I will solemnly do through with the clothes a wear. That is what I think makes my style unique in Montclair."

“Well, I think my style is unique because it is a reflection of me- it reflects my mood, my creativity, my attitude on a given day, it reflects my love for fashion and attention to detail. Professionally I am a banker which requires a fairly conservative style of dress, but I like to add my own touch- a pocket square with a cool pattern or with a burst of color, and the right pair of properly shined shoes to make it complete. The weekend represents my opportunity to truly express my personality and have fun. Like an artist with a new canvas- I pull together the right combination and truly reflect my creativity and love for fashion.”

“My biggest inspiration is probably Pharrell- his style and music (neptune's era) are super important to me.”

“I guess what makes my style unique is that I don't let others around me construct how I present myself, I simply do as I please.”

“I think my style is unique because I don't pay attention to what others are wearing around me. I wear whatever I think looks good on me whether it's "trend or not. I have a pretty fair wardrobe that consists of clothes from my parents' when they were young, a few shirts that use to belong to my siblings, and clothes that I'm lucky enough to have found in thrift stores or shops I'm just passing by. I like to try out different and new things which is why I'm always looking for new clothing stores. I mix clothes from the past with the present to create my style. But it's not always past with present, I usually don't even pay afternoon to what era my pants or shirt or coat is from!”

“I like getting dressed, getting your vibe working and being comfortable . Good way to introduce yourself without opening your mouth.”




“My name is Christian Elias I'm 18 from Brooklyn New York ( Bed Stuy ) born in Manhattan raised in Brooklyn. Style to me is just what you like wearing what you feel comfortable in & just piecing outfits together in your way fashion is just the trends. Style is more important to me because it shows how creative & original you can be & that's what catches my attention. My style depends on how I'm feeling on that specific day like if it’s raining I'll throw on a all black outfit, if it's sunny I'll try to pop With some color, & if it's a nice chill day i like to be comfortable but still keep it simple & easy.”


“I dress depending on my mood. Nothing is really thought out I just throw things on and see if it works. My style isn't different it's just an eclectic mix from a lot of past trends and styles that has evolved into something else.”

“I don't blindly follow trends unlike many people in NYC. I read a lot so I often know a lot about what I'm wearing and why I'm wearing it.”

"What makes my style unique in Montclair is that it can change on a day to day basis. It can go from edgy one day, to slouchy the next I guess. I think the clothes that people choose to wear everyday comes from different emotions that they feel every morning whether they are oblivious to that fact or not. My emotions are constantly changing therefore, so is my style and what I choose to wear. I do not have a specific style type at the moment. I am still changing as a person and discovering who I am which I will solemnly do through with the clothes a wear. That is what I think makes my style unique in Montclair."

“My name is Nick Junior I’m 24 years old from Harlem. I’m passionate about art, whether it’s art in fashion, music, architecture, design, literature, etc. Not to sound corny or cheesy but ART IS LIFE. As far as fashion and personal style I have many influences. I remember growing in Harlem and hanging around my grandfather I grew to love and appreciate jazz. Personally I’m inspired by the Harlem Renaissance era, I like the Jazz musicians of the past were the original cool. Cats like Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Frank Sinatra now they, they had style their style spoke for them they didn’t even have to a single word and you already what they were about. Today I’m also influenced by the streetwear culture; my style in a sense is a combination of menswear and streetwear.”

“I just found a vibe that no one in Montclair has that me just being myself through rap and beats.”

"I dress the way I dress to represent freedom.  When I first started dressing up it was because I wanted to be cool I wanted to fit in with society but that was all through high school, when I got to college it was different. I wanted to be unique and comfortable and I understood that if I wasn't able to wear what I wanted then I wasn't comfortable in my own skin. So one day I decided to wear the first clothes that I saw in my room and walked out the house. Something amazing happened that whole day, people were coming up to me in public and talking to me and telling me that my swag is very unique people and thought I was a model. Since that day my life changed. I don't consider myself a cocky person but from the perspective of others it seems like it. Fashion is everything to me, the way I dress and how I carry myself but also how I represent who I am inside. Dressing freely represents self confidence and self awareness. My style of dress doesn't have a name but if I was to give it one I would call it FREE-FAITH because I dress freely with no stress and no regards of what others may think of me. Be great,be smart and lead the way into the future."

“I love being in NYC. I’m originally from London. The sense of style over hear is amusing and cool because people don’t care. They mind their business and move on. I love being myself without issues from people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment