Monday, September 24, 2018

Introduction



Hi I'm Nic,
I've been interested in photography since I was little, however, since last year I've been taking classes. Every opportunity I've gotten do anything related to taking photographs I would go for it. When I was in 1st grade and had just learned about online shopping I went straight to Ebay and bought a point and shoot camera. I didn't tell my parents until it arrived but they let me keep it, after that I've been taking pictures of everything that grabs my attention. Last year, I took two film photography classes at ICP, the first in black and white and the other in color. Film photography taught me the value of color and it broadened my knowledge of the history of photography. The black and white photo above was taken by me with my 35mm camera, I only took my 35mm when I went to California this summer because I thought film would show me a different perspective of the world because nowadays everything is mostly digital. This is one of my favorite places in the world and one of my favorite photos I've taken. The top two photos are of my friend Karina, this was part of my final project for art class last year and I thought these photos stood out. Also last year, I took a portrait photography class at FIT which helped me learn about digital photography and it got me out of my comfort zone to start shooting only in manual setting. Photography helped me learn about myself and my artistic eye and I hope to keep building my skills throughout high school and college.

No comments:

Post a Comment