Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 5 Wrap-Up

Ralph's, from "Storefront", James & Karla Murray

Hi Everybody,

I hope that your weekend was a good one!

Thanks for a great first crit! We got off to a slow start, but I'm really excited about the series you all are working on.

A few reminders:
--Next week we are taking a field trip. Pack light, bring round-trip Metro Card fare and $10 for admission, and be sure to bring BOTH your High-School ID and your Parsons ID. BE ON TIME because we will be leaving right at the start of class.
--I've been a bit lax on homework for the first part of the semester. Starting this week, any homework assignments not completed/posted to the blog before the next class will be marked incomplete. As always, if you have a situation preventing you from completing the homework on time, be in touch and let me know BEFORE Saturday morning.

Speaking of homework, here is this week's:

1--Post the 10 photos that you showed in class this week, along with a sentence or two reminding us what your project is about (most of you have already done this). If you weren't in class, please post what you would have show, and bring them with you to class as well.

2--Post One new image from your series that is in response to the feedback you received during class. If you weren't in class, you can postpone this until next week.

3--Email me a technical question--this can be anything from "Why are my pictures coming out too light?" to "how do I get a certain kind of effect?". Basically, ask about anything giving you trouble or that you would like to know more about. I will go over the answers in class and on the blog, but I will keep your questions anonymous. Remember, there are no silly questions.

Finally, if I mentioned a particular artist or photographer to you during your crit, I will be posting examples of their work to the blog over the course of the week--be sure to check it out!

That's it for now--get in touch with any questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment