Friday, February 5, 2016

About Me

Hi my name is Maya Mcglynn, i live in Jersey City, New Jersey and attend Notre Dame High School in the Meatpacking district. Two of my favorite things are art and traveling. These have both been a passion of mine since childhood because i was exposed to the art world early, which eventually led to me traveling. My family owns a house in Nova Scotia, Canada and it is probably my favorite place in the world besides Amsterdam. We go up every summer, and unlike popular belief Canada can be hot! It gets to be at least 80 degrees every time we go there I am an only child so i grew up going to art shows with my parents, and having to become independent as i grew up because i had no other siblings. I forgot to say my most favorite activity to do whether it is after school or on a weekend is going to galleries anywhere from Chelsea to Bushwick, Admiring others art has always been a passion of mine, and it influences my architecture. I also forgot to mention that i want to be an architect when i grow up and i am currently take AP Art History, which I recommend, but basically my whole day is taken up by solely that class.

Many people believe i got into art because my parents are both artists, but i think architecture is unique within itself. I chose to take a photography class at Parsons because i love to watch my mother work on her photographs ( photograms). She inspired me to try out new mediums that could potentially help my architecture career.

I am very excited to be taking this course and meeting new people. The only other class at Parsons i have taken was Drawing and Sketching which was also a very interesting experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment