Wednesday, February 3, 2016

About me - Eliza Penn


Hi! My name's Eliza Penn. I am a born-and-raised New Yorker. I have always had a creative eye since I was little, and photography is my favorite way of expressing it. This is my first legitimate digital photography class, before I used to take film. I like digital more because it's much simpler and faster. I love taking scenic, nature photos as opposed to portraits.

Traveling is definitely my favorite thing to do. Not saying I don't love New York, because I do, but it's just so interesting to immerse yourself in another culture. This past break I was fortunate enough to travel to Thailand and Hong Kong. It was definitely an eye-opening experience. Traveling to a third-world country when I live in such an advanced and progressive spot truly made me feel lucky. I took photos and videos during the entire trip so I could re-live it forever, another reason why I love photography. I believe you get the most education by traveling, so before I die I want to travel the world.

The photo I chose was taken by my mahout (elephant trainer) when I was in Chiang Rai, Thailand. No joke, this was the best day of my life. It was unreal to ride the elephant and literally see everything from another perspective. Fun fact: I am now a certified mahout!

No comments:

Post a Comment